What is chemotherapy?
Now one of the most reliable methods of cancer treatment is chemotherapy. For example, in the early stages of cancer chemotherapy along with surgery can help completely get rid of the disease.
Simply, chemotherapy is the use of drugs that can penetrate the cells of a malignant tumor and destroy them.
Chemotherapy always carefully planned and prescribed individually. Also doctor taking into account:
• type and location (location) of the tumor;
• age of the patient;
• stages of the disease;
• has the patient received chemotherapy before;
• the patient has concomitant diseases;
• the patient's reactions to prescribed drugs;
• general health of the patient.
How is chemotherapy given?
Chemotherapeutics can be administered in the following ways:
- Intravenous - the most common method - and the most advanced way of drug administration through the venous port (you can consult with our managers to purchase the port and consumables for it (Huber needles), and to advise on the specifics of venous port maintenance). The port system has a number of advantages: completely located under the skin, that supplies low risk of infection, painless procedure of "vein puncture", constant and, if necessary, rapid venous access, avoidance of local complications associated with phlebitis when used for "chemistry" of veins on hands.
- Orally (by mouth in the form of tablets) - usually drugs are prescribed in long courses on a regular basis;
- Isolated intra-arterial / cavity / intrathecal administration (used for certain cancers, quite infrequently).
By the joint efforts of highly qualified specialists, within the walls of the clinic with modern equipment, feeling the constant love and care of loved ones - victory over the disease is guaranteed.