Nutrition in oncology
During the fight against cancer the body is under special stress especially due to the intensive treatment process and patient stress. Proper nutrition of cancer patients contributes to receipt and assimilate a sufficient amount of proteins, carbohydrates, fats and water, should maintain body weight and immunity.
The main tasks of nutrition for patients with oncology are:
- Ensuring good functioning of the immune system;
- Disinfection and elimination of tumor decay products from the body (detoxication)
- Stimulation of the flow of vitality and energy to actively fight the disease;
- Ensuring the correct functioning of important organs (kidneys, liver and intestines);
- The intake of natural substances that can slow down the growth of neoplasms, as an addition to the main treatment.
Proper nutrition for cancer is important, because diet in this situation is a component of treatment and rehabilitation.